Pumpkin Seed Oil
Pumpkin seed oil is a culinary specialty from what used to be part of the Austro Hungarian Empire and is now southeastern Austria (Styria), eastern Slovenia (Styria and Prekmurje), Central Transylvania, Orăștie-Cugir region of Romania, north western Croatia , and adjacent regions of Hungary.
The viscous oil is light to very dark green to dark red in colour depending on the thickness of the observed sample. The oil appears green in thin layers and red in thick layers, an optical phenomenon called dichromatism. Pumpkin oil is one of the substances with the strongest dichromatism. When used together with yoghurt, the oil turns bright green and is sometimes referred to as "green-gold".Pumpkin seed oil has an intense nutty taste and is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids. Pumpkin seed oil serves as a salad dressing. The typical Styrian dressing consists of pumpkin seed oil and cider vinegar. The oil is also used for desserts, giving ordinary vanilla ice cream a nutty taste. It is considered a real delicacy in Austria and Slovenia, and a few drops are added to pumpkin soup and other local dishes. Using it as a cooking oil, however, destroys its essential fatty acids.
Pumpkin seed oil has one of the highest concentrations of polyunsaturated fats of any food source.
This oil is cold pressed from the finest pumpkin seeds giving it a unique aroma and taste.
- Our oil is cold pressed, virgin first press from the finest seeds.
- Non GMO, No perfumes, No fillers, No Paraben.
- Therapeutic Grade. This oil is edible and also excellent for hair and skin.
- Our items are not a price based product and are not bought because of their price.
- The oils from seeds and nuts are cold pressed, Virgin, first press from the finest seeds available
- You can find cheaper oils made by the hot process or made by soaking the seeds in chemicals or by adding cheaper oils like soya, cotton seed, or by adding propylene or other chemicals.
- Those oils are not subject to any international standards so cheating is possible.
- We have the ISO22000 certificate by SGS and the Halal certificate for the black seed oil from the standards and metreology institute.
Pumpkin seed oil is a culinary specialty from what used to be part of the Austro-Hungarian
Empire and is now southeastern Austria (Styria), eastern Slovenia (Styria and Prekmurje), Central Transylvania, Orăștie-Cugir region of Romania, north western Croatia , and adjacent regions of Hungary. It has an excellent nutty taste when put on salads, curd, or white cheese. Perfect choice for bread dips. When mixed with toasted pumpkin seeds, brown sugar and a little vinegar it transforms any salad to a speciality.